Like anyone bookish, I love my numbers. I’ve read a little bit more than at the same time last year, and my ratio of fiction to non-fiction is more balanced. Let’s hope the trend continues!
- Books read since January 1: 24
- Pages read: 8,896
- Books reviewed: 25 (inc. all 9 Little House books in one review)
- Books not enjoyed: 6
- Books not finished: 1
- Library books: 6
- PaperBack Swap Books: 3
- Audio books: 1
- Re-reads: 6
- Fiction: 10
- Non-fiction: 14
- Autobiography: 9
- Biography: 1
- Children’s literature: 10
- Classic: 1
- Fantasy: 2
- History: 4
- Memoir: 2
- Mystery/Thriller: 2
- Paranormal/supernatural: 1
- Young adult literature: 2
- Reading Outside the Box: 0/12
- The Mount TBR Challenge: 2/12
- Audio Book Challenge: 1/1
One challenge completed already, woohoo (nevermind it was a one-book challenge)! See links to reviews for these challenges here.
- A few months later and I’m still obsessed with Little Women Letters. Seriously, why haven’t you read it yet?
- I read more non-fiction than fiction. That might be a first for me — ever.
- Did a little more re-reading than usual, but I enjoyed a walk down memory lane with Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House series.
- I’m trying out PaperBack Swap with mixed results. Giving it a few more months before I say yea or nay.
- I’m so excited to be participating in World Book Night again this year, especially because I’m giving away copies of the Gaiman/Pratchett novel Good Omens!
- Trying to find a balance between “reading to review” and “reading because it’s enjoyable.” Some months are easier than others.
- Let’s finish some challenges this year!
How’s your reading going this year?