Did December sneak up on anyone else this year? My reading dropped off pretty significantly since October, but then again it always does. The holiday have been a great time to relax, see family, and get all mine and Best Friend’s astonishing amount of possessions into our new place, and I’m looking forward to 2014.
First, the basics
- Books read in 2013: 97 (17 since 10/1)
- Pages read: 39,407 (5035 since 10/1)
- Books reviewed: 85 (20 since 10/1)
- Books not enjoyed: 16 (4 since 10/1)
- Books not finished: 2 (1 since 10/1)
- Library books: 35 (6 since 10/1)
- PaperbackSwap books: 24 (9 since 10/1)
- Re-reads: 14 (0 since 10/1)
Genre breakdown (year totals)
- Fiction: 63
- Non-fiction: 39
- Young adult: 18
- Period novel: 1
- History: 12
- Fantasy: 16
- Mystery/thriller: 21
- Humor: 4
- Gender/sexuality: 2
- Paranormal/supernatural: 18
- Biography: 2
- First in a series: 2
- Play: 1
- Children’s literature: 14
- Reading Outside the Box: 3/3 – COMPLETE
- The Mount TBR Challenge: 12/12 – COMPLETE
- Audio Book Challenge: 1/1 – COMPLETE
Actually managed to wrap all three challenges up near the end of September. Check out my wrap-up post and get links to all the reviews.
- As usual, my reading plummeted in the last quarter, particularly in late November and early December. Wish it didn’t happen, but only so much one can do.
- Way up on my non-fiction reading: 39 books this year, compared to 19 last year.
- After a slow start with PaperbackSwap in March and more promising results in September, I think I’m going to stick with it in 2014.
- Moving to a new city means access to a much bigger library system. Huzzah! I’d like to keep relying on free and cheap for as long as I can.
- I’ve got my 2014 reading challenges and roadmaps planned out. Can’t wait to discover more great books and authors!
How did your 2013 reading turn out? What are you most looking forward to in the new year?