Saturday Snapshot: Ciao bella!

It’s Saturday! Which means that yesterday was Friday, so I got myself a treat. Just because you’re lactose intolerant doesn’t keep you from enjoying the sweeter things in life! Purely Decadent is my all-time favorite “rice cream.”

Ice cream

Tiny transportation isn’t ideal for Texas, just because there’s so much distance between cities. But one of my neighbors has this, and I think it’s awesome.

Vespa

Absolutely ridiculous. :)

It’s the little things that make life beautiful.

21 Responses

1. Barbara The Healthy Nut August 25, 2012 / 11:33 am

Thanks for the chuckle. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a vehicle quite like that. Thanks for sharing.

• amypeveto August 25, 2012 / 11:38 am

It’s a Vespa! :) They’re Italian, and super popular in Europe. Can’t imagine what my neighbor was thinking.

My favorite part is the tiny pink storage compartment on the back.

2. Zan August 25, 2012 / 11:40 am

I loved this! I loved the pink motorcycle thingy (I’m terrible with kinds of vehicles). Happy Saturday!

• amypeveto August 25, 2012 / 11:46 am

It’s this ridiculous European thing called a Vespa. They don’t normally come in pink. :D

3. Irene August 25, 2012 / 11:54 am

I’m seriously thinking I should learn to ride one of these. Great shot.

• amypeveto August 26, 2012 / 9:11 pm

It would be more fun in certain places, like the beach. I wouldn’t recommend taking it on a highway. :)

4. Sim@chapter1-take1 August 25, 2012 / 12:29 pm

I think Vespas have been around for years and years. When I was younger I wished that I lived in a teeny little beach city like Bandol in France so I could jet around on these cute little scooters like you see people do in the movies.
    here in Los Angeles they’re about as practical as they are in Texas. Scooters and freeways don’t mix.
    Thanks for sharing that!

• amypeveto August 26, 2012 / 9:14 pm

At least since the 1950s — I think Hepburn rode one in “Roman Holiday,” and that was ’53. Yes, they’re much more practical for small towns and beaches — going on a highway would be bad. Especially in LA — people there are not easy to share the road with.

5. Alyce August 25, 2012 / 1:31 pm

I didn’t know there was dairy-free ice cream. Very cool!

• amypeveto August 26, 2012 / 9:16 pm

They’ve even got dairy-free cheese, which to me just seems ridiculous. :) Rice cream keeps me sane, and I’m glad it exists!

6. Christine Harding August 25, 2012 / 1:36 pm

The ice cream looks delicious – no good for me though, because I don’t eat chocolate as it gives me migraine. My Saturday Snapshot is very brief this week but it’s sad – a site where lepers once lived http://goo.gl/TkmQ7

7. Laurel-Rain Snow August 25, 2012 / 2:28 pm

I love ice cream…and I have tasted the soy based kind. Pretty good…

I remember my youngest son’s first birthday cake was made of rice flour, because he was allergic to dairy, wheat, and a host of other things. He outgrew most of them.

Yesterday was his birthday….

Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

• amypeveto August 26, 2012 / 9:23 pm

It’s pretty good. Plus it’s been so long since I had real ice cream that I don’t notice any difference. I’ve never had a rice flour cake, although I know people who are allergic to all kinds of things (like gluten and even red meat). Glad your son outgrew most of his allergies; it can be difficult to deal with lots of them.

8. trish August 25, 2012 / 3:18 pm

Oh man . . . yum! I like the way ice cream has evolved, rice, soy, almond, whatever. If it’s cold, sweet, and creamy then I’m liking it very much :-)

• amypeveto August 26, 2012 / 9:23 pm

Same here! And added bonus, it doesn’t make my stomach hurt! :)

9. Bev@My Reader's Block August 25, 2012 / 9:40 pm

Love the pink Vespa. I so want it to belong to some big good ol’ boy by the name of Hank or Bud or somesuch. :-)

And the ice cream looks yummy!

Here’s my Snapshot.

• amypeveto August 26, 2012 / 9:25 pm

I wish I knew to whom it belonged; I want to shake their hand! It would be fantastic if it belonged to some guy covered in tattoos. :)

10. Leslie August 26, 2012 / 4:12 pm

The little scooter is adorable. Though I don’t think I’d use it to go more than a mile or so!

• amypeveto August 26, 2012 / 9:26 pm

I know. I’d go that mile and then spend the rest of the day picking bugs out of my teeth. :)

11. Meaghan August 29, 2012 / 7:27 pm

I am lactose intolerant too! My favorite “ice cream” is actually coconut milk. The brand is called “So Delicious” and my favorite flavor is cookie dough, I could eat the whole quart so easily in one sitting. It is hard to find good lactose free ice cream, but it sounds like you found a good one too. :)

• amypeveto August 29, 2012 / 8:57 pm

I love So Delicious! I think I might have proposed marriage to them on Twitter. :) I like both brands, but my local grocers tends to have more Purely Decadent flavors. I’m so glad more brands are coming out with lactose-free, gluten-free stuff; makes us folks with sensitive tummies feel the love. :)