Saturday Snapshot: Ciao bella!

It’s Saturday! Which means that yesterday was Friday, so I got myself a treat. Just because you’re lactose intolerant doesn’t keep you from enjoying the sweeter things in life! Purely Decadent is my all-time favorite “rice cream.”

Ice cream

Tiny transportation isn’t ideal for Texas, just because there’s so much distance between cities. But one of my neighbors has this, and I think it’s awesome.

Vespa

Absolutely ridiculous. :)

It’s the little things that make life beautiful.

21 comments

• amypeveto says:

It’s a Vespa! :) They’re Italian, and super popular in Europe. Can’t imagine what my neighbor was thinking.

My favorite part is the tiny pink storage compartment on the back.

1. Sim@chapter1-take1 says:

I think Vespas have been around for years and years. When I was younger I wished that I lived in a teeny little beach city like Bandol in France so I could jet around on these cute little scooters like you see people do in the movies.
    here in Los Angeles they’re about as practical as they are in Texas. Scooters and freeways don’t mix.
    Thanks for sharing that!

• amypeveto says:

At least since the 1950s — I think Hepburn rode one in “Roman Holiday,” and that was ’53. Yes, they’re much more practical for small towns and beaches — going on a highway would be bad. Especially in LA — people there are not easy to share the road with.

• amypeveto says:

They’ve even got dairy-free cheese, which to me just seems ridiculous. :) Rice cream keeps me sane, and I’m glad it exists!

2. Laurel-Rain Snow says:

I love ice cream…and I have tasted the soy based kind. Pretty good…

I remember my youngest son’s first birthday cake was made of rice flour, because he was allergic to dairy, wheat, and a host of other things. He outgrew most of them.

Yesterday was his birthday….

Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my blog.

• amypeveto says:

It’s pretty good. Plus it’s been so long since I had real ice cream that I don’t notice any difference. I’ve never had a rice flour cake, although I know people who are allergic to all kinds of things (like gluten and even red meat). Glad your son outgrew most of his allergies; it can be difficult to deal with lots of them.

3. trish says:

Oh man . . . yum! I like the way ice cream has evolved, rice, soy, almond, whatever. If it’s cold, sweet, and creamy then I’m liking it very much :-)

• amypeveto says:

I wish I knew to whom it belonged; I want to shake their hand! It would be fantastic if it belonged to some guy covered in tattoos. :)

4. Meaghan says:

I am lactose intolerant too! My favorite “ice cream” is actually coconut milk. The brand is called “So Delicious” and my favorite flavor is cookie dough, I could eat the whole quart so easily in one sitting. It is hard to find good lactose free ice cream, but it sounds like you found a good one too. :)

• amypeveto says:

I love So Delicious! I think I might have proposed marriage to them on Twitter. :) I like both brands, but my local grocers tends to have more Purely Decadent flavors. I’m so glad more brands are coming out with lactose-free, gluten-free stuff; makes us folks with sensitive tummies feel the love. :)