If you’ve spent any amount of time reading this blog, you’ll notice that I read mostly fiction. I’ve always preferred it over non-fiction, and I don’t see this changing anytime soon.
But of course I recognize the importance of non-fiction, and feel that my reading experience would be incomplete without it. Which is why, once per year, I set aside the fiction and concentrate exclusively on true stories. And because alliteration is fun, this always happens in November.
Everything is more fun with more people, so feel free to join me every November and glut yourself on stories that are so ridiculous, they can only be true!
- Smile at Strangers: And Other Lessons in the Art of Living Fearlessly
- Long Walk to Freedom
- The Unpublished David Ogilvy
2013 reviews and posts
- Leaving Mundania
- Meat Eater
- Apartment Complexes: Write This Down
- Drop Dead Healthy
- This Book is Overdue!
- Nisa: The Life and Words of a !Kung Woman
2012 reviews and posts
- Give Me the Banjo (documentary)
- A Jane Austen Education: How Six Novels Taught Me About Love, Friendship, and the Things That Really Matter
- First Position (documentary)
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
- Social Media & Your Job: Where’s the Line?
- Dalekmania (documentary)
2011 reviews and posts
- Nothing Daunted: The Unexpected Education of Two Society Girls in the West
- I Am Hutterite: The True Story of a Young Woman’s Journey to Reclaim Her Heritage
- As Always, Julia: The Letters of Julia Child and Avis DeVoto
- Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Frontlines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture
- Manning Up: How the Rise of Women Has Turned Men Into Boys
- The Great Typo Hunt: Two Friends, Changing the World, One Correction at a Time
2010 reviews and posts
- Leveling the Reading Field: How Dumbed-Down Writing Makes Everyone Lose
- Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong
- Why I Love Lists; or, Self-Enabling My OCD
- Helter Skelter: The True Story of the Manson Murders
- The Well-Timed F@%k: The Art of Swearing
- The Gift: Poems of Hafiz, the Great Sufi Master
- What’s YOUR Secret?
- If You Have to Cry, Go Outside