Imagine how excited I was to receive the Liebster Award from Buried Beneath All the Lies! This award is meant to be awarded specifically to great but possibly under-appreciated blogs (fewer than 200 followers).
Award winners must:
- List 11 random facts about themselves
- Answer the questions that were asked of them (by the blogger who nominated them)
- Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and link to their blogs
- Ask the award-winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award
- Notify the bloggers of their award
11 facts about me
- I’ve just now gotten on the “Arrested Development” wagon. The family is a disaster, and it’s hilarious.
- I just read Bill Bryson’s In a Sunburned Country and now I want to visit Australia.
- I have my husband labeled as “Mr. Darcy” in my phone.
- Laughing is my favorite thing in the world.
- I’ve been doing yoga for about a year now, and I love it. It’s done more for my health and stress level than I ever thought possible.
- I’m hopeless when it comes to fashion. It renders me paralyzed with indecision.
- I watch way more Food Network than is probably healthy.
- My laptop is named Buffy. Because she’s a badass.
- I still can’t decide if the 10th or 11th Doctor is my favorite.
- I love my job and the people with whom I work. I’m so lucky.
- Cleaning and organizing makes me feel better. I thought about being a professional organizer for a living.
Questions from my nominator
- Why do you blog (about books)? I’ve always been a reader, but I wanted a way to talk about what I’m reading with other book lovers.
- If you could be any book character for a day which would it be? I’d be Katsa from Kristin Cashore’s Graceling. She’s very different from myself, and I’d like to experience it for a day.
- If you could live in any fantasy world, eg Middle Earth, Westeros, Hogwarts, which would it be? Hogwarts, hands down. J.K. Rowling has created a wonderful world, and I’d love to spend time in it.
- What is the book you have re-read the most? As a young adult, probably Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice. As a kid I read the Little House on the Prairie books over and over again.
- What was the first book you ever read by yourself? Probably one of the ever-present Little Golden Books.
- Is there a book that has had some significance in a past relationship? My mother and I have always bonded over books. She passed her love of reading on to me, and if we can’t talk about anything else, we can always talk about what we’re reading.
- Do you read more when you are happy or sad? I’ve never really thought about it, but I think my feelings have more of an effect on what I read than how much I read. If I’m sad I read more escapist/fantasy stuff; if I’m happy I read everything.
- What time of day is your favorite reading time? Definitely lunchtime. There’s a nice lounge area at my office, and I’ve come to love my midday reading break.
- If you could go back and un-read a book, which would it be? Most recently? Ugh, The Elegance of the Hedgehog. Awful.
- If you could go back and read a book for the first time, which would be it be? Pride and Prejudice.
- Has there ever been a time in your life that you stopped reading, for whatever reason? Only when I got so busy with critical things (like school or work) that I didn’t have free time.
Questions for winners
- What is your favorite word?
- What book do you most associate with your childhood?
- Dog-ear or bookmark?
- Your thoughts on e-readers?
- Favorite banned book?
- If you decided to get a bookish tattoo, what would it be?
- What genre do you like least?
- Favorite reading spot?
- What book do you recommend most to others?
- How close is the nearest library, and do you have a card?
- Are you a member of a book club? Do you enjoy it?
And now off to let the winners know they’re up! Thanks again to Buried Beneath All the Lies for nominating me!