Recently the amazing bundleofbooks was kind enough to present to me the Kreativ Blogger award and list my blog among her five favorites. She’s amassed quite a few awards herself, and it was so nice of her to pass one on to me (thanks, bundleofbooks!)
I’ve combed through my RSS feed and narrowed the list down to just five of the blogs I follow (in alphabetical order; I couldn’t rank them even if I tried):
1. Desktop Retreat – Trish reads a wide range of books, and I especially appreciate her frequent posting of bookish quotes and pictures (including a recent spate of “books rooms,” squee!).
2. eclectic/eccentric – This blog is run by Trisha (I’m noticing a pattern here), who definitely lives up to her blog’s name — although more so the “eclectic” part than the “eccentric.” I depend on this lovely lady for a frequent dose of gender/LGBTQ material.
3. Giraffe Days – Can’t recall where I stumbled across Shannon’s blog, but I’m glad I did. She writes detailed reviews that suck me in. She’s currently on a self-imposed “book-buying ban,” so she’s only bought a couple dozen so far this year. 🙂
4. Lit Endeavors – I’m so glad that Jennifer is back from her blogging hiatus. I fell in love with her blog when I saw in her bio that she likes to call herself “a Feminazi.” Anyone who takes that term and owns it is my new best friend.
5. Opinions of a Wolf – I “met” Amanda through a Secret Santa book exchange last Christmas season, and subscribed to her blog immediately I saw that she’d given me The Shadow of the Wind. I think our opinions on lots of things vary widely, but I know I’ll always read something thought-provoking when I visit her blog.