Saturday Snapshot: Nighttime

Last night Best Friend and a mutual friend had dinner at Chilito’s, the local food truck. The food is Peruvian and delicious. I usually spring for the tacos (pulled pork, potatoes, onions, other veggies, and homemade green sauce), but apparently that’s just on the lunch menu, so I had the turkey panini.

Chilitos
There’s a bar right next door called the Purple Iguana, and last night there was live music. It’s a great little area, brightly lit and fun. The weather’s been amazingly nice the last few weeks, and the nights are cool and lovely.

Purple Iguana
It’s Memorial Day weekend here in the US, so I’m spending time with family (including the cutest nephew ever) and trying to get some relaxation in. Have a great weekend, everyone!

25 comments

• amypeveto says:

The camera on my phone isn’t that great, so the lights kind of got fuzzy. But it was lovely to look at. :)

• amypeveto says:

It was the last cool evening of the year, I think. Now it’s officially summer, and it probably won’t get down below 80 until the fall. :( But I loved it while it lasted!

• amypeveto says:

It was fun, Cathy! :) I can’t comment on your blog, but those pictures are awesome. I don’t know how the bird does it — if I tried I’d definitely end up full of needles!

• amypeveto says:

And I was with friends too, which made it even better. :) I can’t comment on your blog, but I do love that fabric with the yellow pattern; it looks almost like watercolors. Hope the quilt blocks turn out!

1. Alyce says:

I’m always thrown when restaurants (or in this case food trucks) sell different food at lunch and dinner. :) Both items that you mentioned sound good though.

• amypeveto says:

It was my first time eating dinner there, and I was disappointed that they had a different menu. I love those pork tacos, and had been looking forward to them. Guess that means I’ll have to go back for lunch soon!

• amypeveto says:

It is an interesting name. I’ve never been there, but the place was hoppin’ — they must be doing something right!

• amypeveto says:

It is neat. Lovely picnic tables to sit and chat at while the music plays. I can’t comment on your blog, but I love your photos from last week! How fun to have a bird nest that close to you. And ducks on your porch, too; you’re surrounded by wildlife!

• amypeveto says:

Didn’t mean to make you hungry all over again! :) My Memorial Day weekend has been awesome; lots of family and fun. Hope yours was wonderful too!

• amypeveto says:

I’ve got IBS too, so I definitely understand the reluctance to try new foods. :( The food at this particular truck isn’t really spicy (you can ask for extra hot sauce on the side), but it is kind of greasy and heavy.

Mm, Mongolian. I love it, but it plays hell with my digestive system. Worth it every now and then, though.

• amypeveto says:

I’m not able to comment on your blog, but those photos are great! The colors on the box turtle are so vibrant, and the chickens are so fluffy!

2. Leslie says:

I hate when they change the menu. They should just change the portion size and leave the food alone. I like the glowing look of the bar.

• amypeveto says:

I’ve had the panini at lunch before, and what I had this time was the same portion size. Maybe the owner just gets tired of cooking the same stuff all day, or he runs out of some items more quickly? Who knows.