Saturday Snapshot: Nighttime

Last night Best Friend and a mutual friend had dinner at Chilito’s, the local food truck. The food is Peruvian and delicious. I usually spring for the tacos (pulled pork, potatoes, onions, other veggies, and homemade green sauce), but apparently that’s just on the lunch menu, so I had the turkey panini.

Chilitos
There’s a bar right next door called the Purple Iguana, and last night there was live music. It’s a great little area, brightly lit and fun. The weather’s been amazingly nice the last few weeks, and the nights are cool and lovely.

Purple Iguana
It’s Memorial Day weekend here in the US, so I’m spending time with family (including the cutest nephew ever) and trying to get some relaxation in. Have a great weekend, everyone!

25 Responses

1. kaye May 26, 2012 / 2:24 pm

I love night shots with the lovely lights! Enjoy your weekend.

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 4:37 pm

The camera on my phone isn’t that great, so the lights kind of got fuzzy. But it was lovely to look at. :)

2. Lisa May 26, 2012 / 2:37 pm

Nice photos! That looks like a fun evening. I love it when the weather finally warms up and you can get out at night, enjoy the fresh air and the other people.

My Snapshot

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 4:38 pm

It was the last cool evening of the year, I think. Now it’s officially summer, and it probably won’t get down below 80 until the fall. :( But I loved it while it lasted!

3. Cathy May 26, 2012 / 3:26 pm

Sounds like fun!

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 4:42 pm

It was fun, Cathy! :) I can’t comment on your blog, but those pictures are awesome. I don’t know how the bird does it — if I tried I’d definitely end up full of needles!

4. Susan May 26, 2012 / 4:39 pm

Sounds perfect … the Peruvian knosh, the cool dark, and the music from next door …

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 4:45 pm

And I was with friends too, which made it even better. :) I can’t comment on your blog, but I do love that fabric with the yellow pattern; it looks almost like watercolors. Hope the quilt blocks turn out!

5. Alyce May 26, 2012 / 6:19 pm

I’m always thrown when restaurants (or in this case food trucks) sell different food at lunch and dinner. :) Both items that you mentioned sound good though.

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 4:46 pm

It was my first time eating dinner there, and I was disappointed that they had a different menu. I love those pork tacos, and had been looking forward to them. Guess that means I’ll have to go back for lunch soon!

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 4:47 pm

It is an interesting name. I’ve never been there, but the place was hoppin’ — they must be doing something right!

6. Nise' May 26, 2012 / 8:02 pm

Glad you got to try something difference. Looks like a neat place.

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 4:50 pm

It is neat. Lovely picnic tables to sit and chat at while the music plays. I can’t comment on your blog, but I love your photos from last week! How fun to have a bird nest that close to you. And ducks on your porch, too; you’re surrounded by wildlife!

7. Jenny May 26, 2012 / 9:06 pm

Mmmm! Your’re making me hungry and I just ate! Have a great Memorial day Weekend!

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 4:51 pm

Didn’t mean to make you hungry all over again! :) My Memorial Day weekend has been awesome; lots of family and fun. Hope yours was wonderful too!

8. Jen @ The Well Read Fish May 27, 2012 / 2:01 pm

I love food trucks AND Peruvian food, especially the giant corn. . I forget what it’s called. (Though I suppose I am on the computer so could look it up on the Gogglez.. . )

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 5:00 pm

I think I know what you’re talking about. Don’t they sprinkle lucas on it? Talk about spicy!

9. Jennifer O. (@LitEndeavors) May 28, 2012 / 12:56 pm

MM. Haven’t tried Peruvian food yet. The Other has IBS, so he’d reluctant to try anything new. There’s a Mongolian cafe in town I’ve been dying to try. I may go by sometime this week.

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 5:09 pm

I’ve got IBS too, so I definitely understand the reluctance to try new foods. :( The food at this particular truck isn’t really spicy (you can ask for extra hot sauce on the side), but it is kind of greasy and heavy.

Mm, Mongolian. I love it, but it plays hell with my digestive system. Worth it every now and then, though.

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 5:10 pm

Yes, lots of colors! It was lovely. And my weekend was wonderful, thank you. Hope yours was too!

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 5:11 pm

I’m not able to comment on your blog, but those photos are great! The colors on the box turtle are so vibrant, and the chickens are so fluffy!

10. Leslie May 28, 2012 / 6:12 pm

I hate when they change the menu. They should just change the portion size and leave the food alone. I like the glowing look of the bar.

• amypeveto May 28, 2012 / 6:25 pm

I’ve had the panini at lunch before, and what I had this time was the same portion size. Maybe the owner just gets tired of cooking the same stuff all day, or he runs out of some items more quickly? Who knows.