How awesome is this? Megan over at Megan’s Book Blog was kind enough to award me the Versatile Blogger award! Thank you, Megan, for thinking of me!
Per the rules, I’m now supposed to share seven things about myself that you probably don’t know, as well as pass the award on to 15 of my favorite bloggers.
- My digestive track is very sensitive; I can’t eat beef, ice cream, or anything excessively greasy (pizza in particular). I’m also allergic to shrimp and shellfish. I eat a lot of vegetables, fruit, chicken, turkey, and salad.
- I’ve written a full-length screenplay (90 pages). It involves an evil knight, a lady with a lot of chutzpah, and a dragon who is fond of puns.
- I’ve been singing since I was in third grade. Soprano. I am awesome. :p
- I hate grape- and cherry-flavored anything, but I love grapes and cherries.
- if I could live anywhere in the world, I would live in Prague, Czech Republic.
- The word “narthex” gives me the heebie-jeebies. It just sounds nasty.
- I think that my greatest flaw is a lack of confidence in myself and my abilities.
I pass this award on to…
My favorite people of the book
- eclectic/eccentric – Trisha the Professor reads and discusses a lot of things, from YA to poetry to GLBTQ lit. She’s got a bit of a potty mouth (hell yea!), and hers was one of the first blogs I ever followed.
- Lit Endeavors – Settled near the corner of feminism and literature, Lit Endeavors is my go-to place for in-depth reviews and author interviews.
- Love YA Lit – Adults who love YA lit. This was also the blog that introduced me to Graceling, so it deserves every award ever.
- Small Review – I love her reviews, as well as the memes she does: Discussion Posts, Cover Reviews, Review Comparisons, etc. She’s taking a short break from blogging right now, but apparently she’ll be announcing something awesome in mid-October. It’s Small Review, so I know it’ll be awesome.
- Love the Liberry – A blog run by four librarians who post conversations they have with their patrons. Some are funny, some are bizarre, but they’re all interesting.
The ridiculously hilarious and awesome
- The Pioneer Woman – Manned by Ree Drummond, who grew up in the big city but ended up marrying a cattle rancher from Oklahoma. She updates her blog on almost a daily basis with photos, recipes, and stories about raising her kids on a ranch. She has two Basset Hounds named Charlie and Walter. They are very stinky.
- The Bloggess – Jenny is a woman who writes about sex and sexuality for a living. She hysterical and wonderful, but please beware that her writing is heavily laced with profanity, and much of what she writes is irreverent, sometimes heretical, and wildly inappropriate/NSFW.
- The Great Fitness Experiment – Charlotte’s was one of the first blogs I started reading on a regular basis. Not because I’m that into fitness (my idea of exercising is walking to and from my car), but because she’s a great writer. She can turn a phrase like no one’s business, and has a habit of posting ridiculous photos.
- The Oatmeal – Comical drawings/notes from the mind of a genius. Or a serial killer, I’m not really sure. Either way, it makes me laugh aloud every time I read a post.
- Passive-Aggressive Notes – Gotta love the notes that people leave for each other.
- Hyperbole and a Half – Allie doesn’t update very often, but there’s a lot of archived stuff you can read. She tells some fantastic stories, all accompanied by surprisingly sophisticated drawings made in Microsoft Paint. My favorite of her posts is the story of “Alot.”
Thanks again to Megan for giving me this award! Happy weekend to everyone, and I’ll see you again tomorrow!