As I mentioned a few posts ago, my summer project (inspired by embodiment) is going to be a visual journal. This will involve my terrible drawing skills, colored paper, colored pencils, glue, and whatever else I can get to stick to the pages.
The project is set to begin June 1, and my final blog post about it will be due September 1. That’s three glorious months and 125 pages to catalogue some of the following events:
- My crazy awesome friend Lauren’s wedding (I’m the maid of honor!)
- My continuing search for gainful employment
- My birthday
- Favorite summer readings
- A trip to the beach in August
- Lots of other good stuff that I won’t mention now because it would spoil the surprise!
I may even be able to wrangle a few guest artists into making their own page in the journal. And instead of making you guys wait all summer to see the results, I’ll be posting little updates here and there (between my usual reviews and ramblings). The breakdown is as follows:
- June 1 – 15 (with update June 15)
- June 16 – 30 (update June 30)
- July 1 – 15 (update July 15)
- July 16 – 31 (update July 31)
- August 1 – 15 (update August 15)
- August 16 – 30 (Final update September 1)
I’m not really sure how this is going to go–it may mean the loss of what little sanity I still retain. But that’s why it’s called an “experiment”! If nothing else, it will certainly be an adventure!
Now, where did I put that craft glue…?