It’s Thanksgiving day here in the U.S., and all over the country people are basting turkeys, mashing potatoes, roasting asparagus, and baking pies of all descriptions. I’m headed to my mom’s house tomorrow for a belated Thanksgiving get-together, and I’ve spent the last day or so glued to the sofa doing a whole lot of nothing with Best Friend.
This year has been a little crazy, although fortunately more good-crazy than bad. I’ve got so much to be thankful for.
- Unimpeded access to books. I can buy any book I want, and not have to worry that certain ones may put me on a “watch list,” or that someone can enter my house and take away any books they deem “dangerous.”
- Likewise, access to Internet that is not government-censored. So glad SOPA didn’t pass.
- Staying in touch with old friends.
- The ability to vote! This election year was annoying and more than stressful, but I’m glad that I have a say in how the country in which I live is run.
- For Best Friend, who watched a movie with me last night and rubbed my back this morning. I think I’ll keep him.
- I’ve met some great people during the last year or so, and I’m glad to have made new friends.
- That my mom continues to live cancer-free!
- Prudent spending and
money-hoardingwise saving means I’ve got a good nest egg started.
- Yoga is still kicking my butt, but I’m glad to have found a means of exercise that is fun and good for me.
Lastly, I’m grateful for you guys. Chatting with you about books and life is so much fun, and it’s thanks to you that I’ll soon be heading into my third year of blogging.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and may the holiday bring you relaxation, time with family and friends, and fun!
4 thoughts on “So Much to be Thankful For”
All the best to you, Amy, and thanks so much for being a faithful blogging pal.
Thank you to you too, Laurie! Especially for the amazing idea of the Pay it Sideways Challenge. I’ve really been enjoying it. Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks Susan, and Happy Thanksgiving to you!