Saturday Snapshot: More Food!

Last week shared some photos of fresh fruits and veggies from an open market in Prague. I’ve got news for you: not only are they good at growing it, they’re great at cooking it too!

Pork gulas (goulash) with dumplings

First up was Cafe Franz Kafka and their famous pork gulaš (goulash) with dumplings. So incredibly good — the dumplings were perfect for sopping up the thick stew.

Chicken schnitzel

This is a photo of the best meal I’ve ever eaten. Chicken schnitzel with garlic mashed potatoes, and freezing cold tomatoes. It set me back about $25, but it was fantastic. If you’re ever in Prague, head to King Solomon, the best kosher restaurant in town.

16 Responses

• amypeveto August 4, 2012 / 6:49 pm

You should go! Save up, it’s more than worth it.

• amypeveto August 4, 2012 / 6:52 pm

It was amazing. Just looking at the photos makes me hungry! :)

I’m not able to comment on your blog, but I love your photos. There are a ton of deer in my area, but they’re pretty shy. Nice to see you got such great photos.

1. Brona August 4, 2012 / 4:59 pm

I was in Prague over 20 years ago and I don’t remember food as being a part of my experience…I’ve always wanted to go back. Now you’ve just added another reason!
    PS Do they still have markets on the Charles bridge?

• amypeveto August 4, 2012 / 7:01 pm

Food is always a part of any of my experiences! Yes, you should go back; and can I come with you? :)

Yes, they do have markets on the Charles Bridge. Lots of musicians and artists as well. It’s so crowded, but lots of fun to explore!

I’m not able to comment on your blog, but I love your snow photos. It’s so strange to think about it being winter there; it’s 95 degrees here right now (and it’s 7pm!). Send some cool weather our way.

2. Alyce August 4, 2012 / 7:08 pm

I’m not familiar with what schnitzel is, but all of the food looks great! Ah, now I have the “Favorite Things” song in my head – I remembered the part “schnitzel with noodles.”

• amypeveto August 4, 2012 / 10:30 pm

I’m not totally sure what it is either — some way of preparing the chicken, I guess. But as in any foreign country, it’s best not to enquire too closely what exactly one is eating. :)

Now I’ve got the song stuck in my head too!

3. Kailana August 4, 2012 / 11:55 pm

Yummy! Making me hungry just looking!

• amypeveto August 5, 2012 / 12:22 am

I was hungry while writing the post too. :)

4. Vithya August 4, 2012 / 11:59 pm

Yummy looking photos. Thanks for stopping by my blog. =)

• amypeveto August 5, 2012 / 12:25 am

Makes me miss Prague even more. :)

5. Louise August 5, 2012 / 8:34 am

I love food photos of course, who doesn’t? These meals look intriguing, and tasty.

• amypeveto August 5, 2012 / 11:37 am

They were very tasty! I don’t normally photograph my food, but sometimes I just can’t help myself.

I can’t comment on your blog, but I love your photos! I’m sad you didn’t get to see any whales, but it looked like beautiful weather.

6. Meaghan August 5, 2012 / 8:22 pm

Wow, that looks delicious! All these pictures of food are really making me hungry!

• amypeveto August 5, 2012 / 9:41 pm

Same here. :) Too bad Prague is so far away, or I’d be on a plane tomorrow!