Saturday Snapshot: More Food!

Last week shared some photos of fresh fruits and veggies from an open market in Prague. I’ve got news for you: not only are they good at growing it, they’re great at cooking it too!

Pork gulas (goulash) with dumplings

First up was Cafe Franz Kafka and their famous pork gulaš (goulash) with dumplings. So incredibly good — the dumplings were perfect for sopping up the thick stew.

Chicken schnitzel

This is a photo of the best meal I’ve ever eaten. Chicken schnitzel with garlic mashed potatoes, and freezing cold tomatoes. It set me back about $25, but it was fantastic. If you’re ever in Prague, head to King Solomon, the best kosher restaurant in town.

16 comments

• amypeveto says:

It was amazing. Just looking at the photos makes me hungry! :)

I’m not able to comment on your blog, but I love your photos. There are a ton of deer in my area, but they’re pretty shy. Nice to see you got such great photos.

1. Brona says:

I was in Prague over 20 years ago and I don’t remember food as being a part of my experience…I’ve always wanted to go back. Now you’ve just added another reason!
    PS Do they still have markets on the Charles bridge?

• amypeveto says:

Food is always a part of any of my experiences! Yes, you should go back; and can I come with you? :)

Yes, they do have markets on the Charles Bridge. Lots of musicians and artists as well. It’s so crowded, but lots of fun to explore!

I’m not able to comment on your blog, but I love your snow photos. It’s so strange to think about it being winter there; it’s 95 degrees here right now (and it’s 7pm!). Send some cool weather our way.

2. Alyce says:

I’m not familiar with what schnitzel is, but all of the food looks great! Ah, now I have the “Favorite Things” song in my head – I remembered the part “schnitzel with noodles.”

• amypeveto says:

I’m not totally sure what it is either — some way of preparing the chicken, I guess. But as in any foreign country, it’s best not to enquire too closely what exactly one is eating. :)

Now I’ve got the song stuck in my head too!

• amypeveto says:

They were very tasty! I don’t normally photograph my food, but sometimes I just can’t help myself.

I can’t comment on your blog, but I love your photos! I’m sad you didn’t get to see any whales, but it looked like beautiful weather.