(Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish. Want to make your own list? Clicking the image will take you to this week’s post. Happy listing!)
Everyone has authors they love — you just want some stories and worlds to go on and on. Here’s the authors I wish could keep writing forever.
1. Jane Austen – This lady is probably going to be on a lot of lists, and for good reason.
2. Anne Frank – It’s so sad to think about how this girl’s creativity and intelligence was snuffed out because of hate. And she was just one of millions. Imagine how different the world would be…
3. Margaret Sanger – The pioneer of the birth control movement. Yes, her stance on eugenics was pretty terrible, but let’s not throw out the good with the bad.
5. Jasper Fforde – Both the Thursday Next and Nursery Crime series need to extend into eternity. And I just heard about his new Last Dragonslayer series — yet another reason it’s totally lame that I don’t live in the UK.
6. Geraldine Brooks – I loved Nine Parts of Desire and March, and have just added Year of Wonders to my TBR list. I can’t get enough of this lady’s writing.
7. Rob Bell – Love Wins was like manna from heaven. Hoping I get some of the NOOMA videos soon.
9. Peggy Orenstein – I loved Cinderella Ate My Daughter more than anyone should love a book. Write another one, Peggy!
Don’t you hate not being able to think of a tenth one?