(Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish. Want to make your own list? Clicking the image will take you to this week’s post. Happy listing!)
2. Scarlet (A.C. Gaughen) – I’m falling further down the rabbit hole of re-tellings of/twists on classic stories. Interested in seeing where this one takes me.
3. The Hangman’s Daughter (Oliver Pötzsch, Lee Chadeayne) – I got this for Christmas from my sister-in-law, who said it was awesome.
4. The Mists of Avalon (Marion Zimmer Bradley) – I’ve never loved the Arthurian legends, but maybe all I need is a change in perspective.
5. Anna Dressed in Blood (Kendare Blake) – I’ve been trying to read this for months. Maybe I’ll get to it this year!
6. Warm Bodies (Isaac Marion) – Ditto this one. Anytime now, right?
7. The Shadow of the Wind (Carlos Ruiz Zafón, trans. Lucia Graves) – Another Christmas present, this one from my Broke and the Bookish Secret Santa. I can’t wait to get lost in this story.
8. The Mistress Contract (He and She) – My one non-fiction on this list (surprise, surprise), this one satisfies my inner need to read gender/sexuality-related stories.
9. Dealing with Dragons (Patricia C. Wrede) – I read this series many moons ago (my first brush with the fantasy genre). I need to re-visit it.
10. My Swordhand is Singing (Marcus Sedgwick) – Not totally sure what this is about, and it looks terrifying, but I’m intrigued. This will be my first “branching out” book of the year.
What are you most looking forward to reading this year?