Normally these nerdy numbers updates happen every three months; unfortunately in March I totally spaced, so this State of the Blog is for all my reading since the start of the year. Dig in!
- Books read since January 1: 30
- Pages read: 10,238
- Books reviewed: 28
- Books not enjoyed: 3
- Books not finished: 3
- Library books: 5
- Audio books: 1
- Re-reads: 1
- Fiction: 17
- Non-fiction: 13
- Fantasy: 8
- History: 10
- Memoir: 1
- Mystery/Thriller: 7
- Paranormal/supernatural: 5
- Young adult literature: 4
- Gender: 2
- The Mount TBR Challenge: 4/12
- Reading Outside the Box: 2/4
I’m not as far along as I’d hoped I’d be halfway through the year, but so far so good. Check out books and reviews here.
- By this same time last year I’d read 53 books. I attribute this dip to a combination of spending more weekends with friends and marathon-watching Lie to Me and Bones.
- My move to a bigger town this previous December has given me access to a larger library system, but the branch nearest to me is fairly small. I’m trying to figure out how to plan inter-library loans.
- I gave short stories another try by reading Aimee Bender’s The Color Master. It was a bit of a disaster.
- I got a whopping 12 books for my birthday! I’ve already devoured one and am eeny-meeny-miney-mo’ing my decision for what’s up next.
- I’m heading to the Carolinas with my mom in late July; I’m looking forward to taking in some historical sites, visiting the spa, and spending time with the wonderful woman who raised me.
How’s your reading going this year?