(Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books.)
This week’s question is from Ellie, who blogs at Musings of a Bookshop Girl:
“If I gave you $80 and sent you into a bookshop right now, what would be in your basket when you finally staggered to the till?”
This one’s tough. Not because I can’t think of any books that I’d get, but because I can think of too many — and since most hardback books cost around $25, I can get approximately three and half. That’s just not enough! So this requires research.
Fortunately I have a Barnes & Noble membership, so I get a 20% discount most of the time. Based on availability, my basket would look like this:
- Naked Heat, by Richard Castle – $9.89 (paperback)
- One of Our Thursdays is Missing, by Jasper Fforde – $13.23 (hardback)
- Songs of Sanctuary, Adiemus – $12.25 (compact disc)
- Love Wins: A Book About Heaven, Hell, and the Fate of Every Person Who Ever Lived, by Rob Bell – $11.75 (hardback)
- The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan – $9.99 (hardback)
- The Land of Painted Caves, by Jean M. Auel – $15.62 (hardback)
Those six items would bring my total to $72.23. Add in the tax, and that’s just about spends my budget. Also, this day of shopping would have to occur on March 29, because that’s when Rob Bell’s book is available.
Dang it, thinking about this question has got me all excited. I might have to make a trip to the store this weekend!
If you had $80 and could go to the store right now, what would you buy?